Hello! A few days ago I downloaded the latest ifort compiler. I've noticed a strange code behavior since the code compiles and runs but it doesn't report any error. After a bit of research I've reduced the code to the (probably) minimum line code that contains the problem(see attachment). I didn't have enough time to reduce the code further, so I'm sorry if it contains more than required.
A short description. I define four types:
- An abstract type
- Two "data holders": memberA , memberB
- "Array of Pointers" references for the memberA and memberB
- A type containing the references for memberA and memberB, called group
The expected code output is:
-1.00000000000000 -1.00000000000000 -1.00000000000000
The code compiles normally with 14.0.2 but doesn't give the expected result, instead in stops at :
and does not report any error.
Compiling with -check all gives a segmentation fault. The code always compiles and works normally with 13.1.2.
The following code changes result to a compiling and working code with 14.0.2:
- Change the module from group_defs_notworking to group_defs_working. The difference is that the type is not abstract
- Disable the list named nb defined at type "group"
- Use the module group_defs_notworking, in both module "new" and "i_test" subroutine
All of the above can be found as commented changes line in the code. Please let me know if you can reproduce the error or if you have any further comments. Thank you in advance.