When configuring the analysis type for Inspector XE there is nice tool-tips.
Even so after a few weeks of configuring i got a few suggestions for them in no specific order:
1) The inactive options do not show any tool-tip.
2) "Stack frame depth:" do not show any tool-tip ever, all settings should have one.
3) I think tool-tips should indicate both (runtime or) CPU gain/cost and Memory gain/cost.
4) How setting affect detection should be indicated even if there is no effect on detection. I do not like to doubt.
5) Consistency; Rephrase settings to increase accuracy of detection when selected. Now this is the case for most options only. e.g. consider "keep duplicates", "First Thread shadow memory allocation"
My reasoning for 3):
Depending on what I experience while Inspecting I might want to do some trade-offs i.e. gaining speed and consuming memory or the opposite. e.g. Today I noticed that if I select the "low cost" annotated "Defer memory check" I may run my full application with all other checks enabled without running out of memory and have a reasonable runtime. I previously did not understand it was such a important setting.
Is 3) & 4) info somewhere in the manual, I cant locate it?