Inspector: unable to view source

Inspector: unable to view source

I'm experimenting with the inspector to detect a data race using a very simple example that has some Cilk Plus code. The inspector detects the race but doesn't to show source code -- I get the message  "Symbol information not found. Suggestion: Specify locations in a Project Properties dialog search tab, then re-resolve the result".

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on a Windows 10 box.

I Followed the instructions on (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/622484) and added the location of the pdb file for the project using Project Properties-> Binary/Symbol Search -> Search Directories and reran the analysis, but the issue is still not resolved. 

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Zone: 

Thread Topic: 

How-To
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Do you get any source code on the call stack? Or is their no source at all?

Kevin

No, I don't see any source code.  Pl. see attached screenshot.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg inspector.JPG135.53 KB

Anyone, any ideas pl? ; )

Not sure if I'm making a silly mistake, but then again I don't know how hard it should be to do what I'm trying to do.

And, just so you know, Amplifier XE works just fine for me.  (As I indicated earlier, I'm using Parallel Studio XE 2017).

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today