Very slow execution Inspector Linux

Very slow execution Inspector Linux

Hi,

I'm using Intel(R) Inspector 2017 Update 1 (build 484836) Command Line tool to find a memory corruption an application server, but I can't finish the test with inspector because it take a lot of time, about hours for single execution.

I try to use the collection-with option and with this option just test for leaks problems and don't to memory access problems.

Below is some line commands that i try, just the # 2 end the execution.

1) inspxe-cl --collect mi3 -- /home/fg/p11/bin/appserverx64/appsrvlinux

2) nspxe-cl -collect-with runmc -knob enable-memory-growth-detection=false -knob enable-guard-zones=true -knob enable-on-demand-leak-detection=false -knob detect-leaks-on-exit=false  -- /home/fg/p11/bin/appserverx64/appsrvlinux

3) inspxe-cl -collect mi2 -knob enable-on-demand-leak-detection=false -- /home/fg/p11/bin/appserverx64/appsrvlinux

Is there some option to just run memory access problems ?

Thanks

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Yes.... we have api's that allow you to control what portions of your app are analyzed.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/inspector-user-guide-linux-apis-for-collection-control

The main recommendation I would give is to try to analyze on the smallest subset of the problem that you can.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today