Installation issues: (1) only VS2012 supported, (2) install aborts due to error 1603

Installation issues: (1) only VS2012 supported, (2) install aborts due to error 1603

I tired to install INDE but it says that it needs Visual Studio 2012.   I have VS Express 2012 for the web installed on this machine.   I also have VS 2010 pro on the machine.

Will it work with any of the Express versions?

Also if I purchase a new license from Microsoft, the current version is 2013.   Does INDE support VS 2013?

Thanks

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

(Moderator note: I have moved this thread into our dedicated INDE forum, where more support personnel will see it, and hopefully get you a better answer.)

Hi,

I'm checking on this... right now it looks like VS 2012 is required, and I don't know about VS 2013 yet (but obviously it's something that we'll need to consider if it's all that Microsoft is selling right now).

Regards,

Neal

Hello,

Just got the info back -- you have to have Microsoft* Visual Studio* Professional/Ultimate/Team 2012 for vs-android* to work.

The 2013 version of Visual Studio is not supported at this time.

Regards,

Neal

Not supported is different than will not install.   My question is will INDE install on 2013.  Code wise I think there is no real changes for Visual Studio 2013 over 2012 version.  So I would expect it to work OK.

The big deal in 2013 VS is it supports in line editing for 64 bit code during the running of the software.   That makes debugging a lot easer and is worth using.

Thanks for your assistance.

hi,

i'm checking...

Neal

Hello,

No, INDE will not install allow you to install the plug-in with VS 2013.

Though we can't make specific commitments with respect to VS 2013, we understand that this is an important feature that developers such as yourself need to be successful.

Regards,

Neal

All attempts to install Environment Setup for Android give an error report (that cannot be clipped) saying Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation, setup_AndroidDesigner.msi :-(

I have VS 8, 9, 10 and 11 (AKA 2012) installed here.

As we are cross-platform developers primarily targetting consoles we do not use Eclipse, we already have Ant, the SDK, NDK (and NVPACK including VSI for ARM) and no use for gigabytes of Eclipse ADT which is liable to clobber what we have, but even switching that 'option' on doesn't prevent the error.

Quote:

S G. wrote:

All attempts to install Environment Setup for Android give an error report (that cannot be clipped) saying Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation, setup_AndroidDesigner.msi :-(

We ARE able to download and install the compiler, so this does not seem to be a connectivity or proxy issue. Can you find out what Error 1603 means? Please let us know how we might try to get around it, since currently INDE is useless to us yet we have big games scheduled this year which it could help us put on x86 Androids as well as ARM Android/iOS...

Hi,

Looks like this error is too generic to be able to diagnose without more information.

Would you be able to get me a copy of your installation log? It would be located here:
   %TEMP%/intel_tmp_<USERID>/<time stamped folder from install>

Thanks!

Neal

Thanks Neal,

I've uploaded a couple of full logs. This section, from about half-way through, seems to be the smoking gun...

MSI (s) (9C:68) [09:46:13:395]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CA_CS_DOWNLOADWITHMONITOR,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=DownloadWithMonitor,CustomActionData=FileURL=http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/3820/Android_Design_Download...\Intel\INDE\Framework\;Name=Android_Design_Downloads_20131106.zip;inMD5=D9067537EA68EF84883A0ECC1CE97BC0;ProxyHost=http://10.10.10.172:8080)
MSI (s) (9C:84) [09:46:13:420]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI56D9.tmp, Entrypoint: DownloadWithMonitor
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI56D9.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319
Calling custom action ca_DownloadWithMonitor!ca_DownloadWithMonitor.CustomActions.DownloadWithMonitor
Setting parameters
sLocation: C:\Intel\INDE\Framework\ sName: Android_Design_Downloads_20131106.zip sFileURL: http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/3820/Android_Design_Downloads_20131106.zip sMD5: D9067537EA68EF84883A0ECC1CE97BC0 sProxyHost: http://10.10.10.172:8080
Downloading...
Comparing D9067537EA68EF84883A0ECC1CE97BC0 and d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
C:\Intel\INDE\Framework\\Android_Design_Downloads_20131106.zip was downloaded, but the MD5 did NOT match!!! Deleting the file.
CustomAction CA_CS_DOWNLOADWITHMONITOR returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Hi,

Thanks for the info and the analysis... I'll let you know when I get more info back from the development team.

Regards,

Neal

Hi,

For those following this thread, we've been communicating with the customer via private messages to understand more about this issue and how to fix it.

However, if anyone else sees error 1603, please let us know more about what you are seeing (including any log files).

Thanks!

Neal

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today