Installation Problems with Windows

Installation Problems with Windows

Hello!  I have come across an issue with installation and I have a suspicion that it has something to do with a system setting, but I have no clue where to start.

I have attempted to install INDE on 4 different machines.  3 64-bit windows laptops, and 1 Mac with a 64-bit Windows Partition.  And the ONLY one that works as expected?? The one running on the Mac :-/

So... on each of the Windows machines, after my installation is complete and I try to run the executable, INDE opens up, shows a 'Loading...' status, and then all I get is a white screen.  Doesn't matter how long I wait, it never goes away and never navigates to the screen where I choose what components I want to download.  If I click on the screen, I get a real quick flash and whatever numbers are usually displayed on the bottom right hand corner show up during the flash, and then it goes back to white.  

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

It didn't matter if I had Beacon Mtn installed on the machine prior to the install-- tried both ways, same result.

Thanks in advance!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

Sorry for the problems.

First of all, can you tell me a little bit more about what OS is installed on the 3 Windows machines?

Also, you mentioned that the numbers in the bottom right-hand corner show up briefly -- are you able to tell me what the numbers are (hopefully they show up long enough so that you can read them!).

Thanks!

Neal

Hi,

Can you also include a directory listing of %temp%\INDE and the files within it?

For example, on my machine I would provide a directory listing of all files in this directory:
   C:\Users\neal\AppData\Local\Temp\inde\Intel.INDE.WinShell_00.15.19.046\root

thanks!

Neal

Hello again,

Once you've provided this directory listing (you can send it via a private message if you want), then also zip up the following files and copy them: cef.log, and all .txt files.

Then delete the entire directory and try again, as this should clear things out and let you continue ok.

Regards,

Neal

Hey Neal!  Thanks for getting back to me...so I think that the attached pic is the directory listing that you were asking for.  This comes from a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.. let me know what you think!

-c

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png Intel_forum1.PNG42.16 KB

I did attempt to delete the cef file but couldn't due to a warning stating that INDE was using the file-- which was not running.  I looked in the task manager to see if the application was running, which it was not, however, the indehub.exe process was shown in the process list...? so confused.

thanks again!

Hi,

Thanks for the directory listing -- can you also get me a copy of your cef.log file?

After you've send that file, you can then remote the entire %temp%\inde directory, and try running INDE again -- we believe that this should fix the display issue you are seeing. (In any case, please let us know if this works or not.)

We thought this issue had been fixed by a recent update to the INDE tool, but it looks like there are still some corner cases around, and the cef.log file should help us understand the exact nature of the problem.

Thanks again for your use of INDE!

Regards,

Neal

Oh I forgot, the numbers that I see in the bottom right hand corner appear to be: 00.15.19.046

Yes sir! Here you go, I will try that next :-)

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadapplication/octet-stream cef.log721 bytes

Nope that did not work, I had to go in and kill the inde.exe and indehub processes in order to be able to delete that directory-- for some reason the processes were not dying whenever I killed the app.  Once that happened and I deleted the directory, I got the same response when trying to fire up INDE again.

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info -- it looks like you have the latest INDE software, so that's good news!

Unfortunately, it sounds like removing everything didn't fix the problem. Just so I have things right: you killed both INDE processes, deleted the %temp%\INDE directory, started up INDE again, and the INDE screen still goes white and you can't do anything.

Let me check with others on the team here to see if we can come up with a solution that works -- the cef.log file will help.

Regards,

Neal

Yes sir you have it correct!

Hi,

Just a follow-up -- thanks for your patience while we look into this further!

Regards,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today