How to control microphone (mute) input volume (input gain)

How to control microphone (mute) input volume (input gain)

I'm using Intel INDE for video streaming purposes (Android).

The main problem is how to mute/unmute the devices microphone in Android.

The only way I found is to not set the AudioFormatAndroid of Intel INDE API deleting these lines:

audioFormat = new AudioFormatAndroid("audio/mp4a-latm", 44100, 1);
capture.setTargetAudioFormat(audioFormat);

The problem is that I need to do it during the streaming, not before.

Therefore I tried to manage microphone input settings like:

AudioManager amanager = (AudioManager)getSystemService(Context.AUDIO_SERVICE);
amanager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_NOTIFICATION, isMuteON);
amanager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_ALARM, isMuteON);
amanager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC, isMuteON);
amanager.setStreamMute(AudioManager.STREAM_RING, isMuteON);

It did not work, so i tried to change Stream Volume, doing this:

amanager.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_SYSTEM, 0, AudioManager.FLAG_SHOW_UI);

It shows a Toast stating that I muted the volume, but the audio stream is still active on my streaming.

Can anyone help with this issue? Is it possible to mute the audio input of a video streaming using Intel INDE?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Thiago,

We are looking on this issue right now, will let you know once have an update

Hi Nick, thank you for your reply!! 

I forgot to say that I already tested setMicrophoneMute and it didnt work, even for the intel inde sample android app.

Any other ideas?

Hi Thiago,

We are implementing a possibility to add "Dynamic Mute" audio effect to capturing pipeline. The plan is to have an engineering build quite soon. Please share your email address with me via "Private Messages", I will send you engineering bits to try once ready

引文:

Nick A (Intel) 写道:

Hi Thiago,

We are implementing a possibility to add "Dynamic Mute" audio effect to capturing pipeline. The plan is to have an engineering build quite soon. Please share your email address with me via "Private Messages", I will send you engineering bits to try once ready

Thanks for your reply Nick!! 

I sent you a private message with my email address.

As I already said there, we are looking forward for this functionality.

Regards.

Hello.

I would also like to know how to mute the microphone. I have already posted a new topic regarding the same issue in media pack forum but haven't received any replies.

I'm capturing the android screen using GLCapture and setting the audio stream with AudioFormatAndroid.

But the microphone input is also getting captured defeating the purpose of the capture. I'm using it as a plugin in my Unity 3D app.

I have seen the live capturing done using system audio only output in the Unity3d plugin Kamcord https://www.kamcord.com/.

It is also implemented by https://everyplay.com/.

So I'm pretty sure it is possible to capture in realtime with muting the microphone.

Please help.

Hi Anirudha,

Please share your email address with me via "Send Author A Message" . I will send release build version with above feature enabled. 

Thanks,

Hi Harsh,

PM'd you my email address for the new build.

Thanks

This issue is resolved in the latest build and has been confirmed by the customer through private message. If you come across any issue please start a new thread on Media forum - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk 

Thanks,
Surbhi

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today