Error in installing IPP IA32 5.1.1 005

Error in installing IPP IA32 5.1.1 005

Hi!

I've downloaded the evaluation copy of IPP IA 32 and got an license key.

I'm starting install.sh and entered my license key. Well so far!

Then I'm getting the error:

./.././install/install: 78: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable

So I tried to start the install script from the install directory the same error!

I'm using Ubuntu 7.0.4 and 2.6.20 Kernel

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you

Dietmar

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I've the same problem ... I tried to modify install script putting /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh (as I've done to make c++ compiler installation working) but I received the following error:
./.././install/install: line 478: /tmp/install_temp.fe674da11cfc6f8d23b3196553a26c91/install32: cannot execute binary file

Thanks for an help

Hello,

simptoms are similar to know issue of installation script which affect IPP 5.1 and IPP 5.2 beta packages. We will fix that issue in IPP 5.2 fianl release. There is workaround, you need to point to license key file located locally on your system. Note, you also may submit your issue report to Intel Premier Support.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi!

I put the license file on /root and started the installation again. At the installation script i pointed to the file. It was the same error.

Then i pointed to /opt/intel/licenses - the same.

The I remove /opt/intel/licenses directory - the same.

It seems to point to the license file is not the solution!

Regards,

Dietmar

I've used the license key file located in my pc ....

Hi!

How? I got a licenses file on my windows machine, copied it to the linux computer and started install.sh on my linux computer! Then I pointed to the file on my linux computer and not on my pc.

That must be ok!!!

Sorry, I don't understand ....
I received the license by mail, than I've copied it on my pc.

What is for you the difference between "my linux computer" and "my pc" ?

sorry for mispointing you, the solution should be if you specify serial number instead of license key

Please try if this work for you.

Vladimir

Ok, I've used the serial number. The installation seems to be ok, the strange thing was that it took very short time to do it. How I can see if the installation was really successful?
Thanks

I was wrong , using the serial the error remains ....

Hi again!

I tried everything: it doesn't work, license key file or enter the license key.

allways the same error.

I need help!

I will create issue record on Intel Premier Support for you, so you will be notified if there any updates on your issue.

Vladimir

Hello Dietmar,

This is ying, IPP support. I received your question from vlad in <> (our official support channel).

Have you tried to modify the install file (change the first line in header form #!/bin/sh to #!bin/bash)?

We already were reported with same problems in Ubuntu family from other customers. Actually the root cause of problems is un-standardized environment of this OS. Officially this OS is not supported by our installs. The error of "Syntax error: Bad for loop variable" appears because system has bash-incompatible system interpreter.

Following workarounds can be used here:

1) To change /bin/sh link on you machine to bash interpreter, like, ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh, then install product and then return it back to system interpreter used before (if I?m not mistaken it is /bin/dash).

2) Not very good way(just I said at first) Please go to /install/install and edit it. Change the first line in header from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash.

Both these fixes had helped some customer to avoid reported issue. so could you please try them.

And please note there are another problem aboutUbuntu family,

Ubuntu family specific is restricted support of 32 binaries on em64t architectures. So if you has em64t HW unit, you will be unable to install product. The possible workaround is to install it on a officially supported OS such as RedHat. Then copy the /opt/intel/ipp folder to the machine.

Please let me know if you get any result.

Regards,

Ying

-----------------
I've the same problem ... I tried to modify install script putting
/bin/bash instead of /bin/sh (as I've done to make c++ compiler
installation working) but I received the following error:
./.././install/install: line 478:
/tmp/install_temp.fe674da11cfc6f8d23b3196553a26c91/install32: cannot
execute binary file
Thanks for an help

----------------------

I tried to do this before opening this issue, but the error above happened ....

What Linux distribution do you use?

Vladimir

Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy)

Did you notice Technical Support engineer's remark:

if you has em64t HW unit, you will be unable to install product.

Yes, but I don't have a 64bit hardware. I've a Centrino duo

giopappy:...
I received the following error:
./.././install/install: line 478: /tmp/install_temp.fe674da11cfc6f8d23b3196553a26c91/install32: cannot execute binary file

I also get this exact error (after sorting out bash issues) installing the 32-bit version of IPP 5.1 using Ubuntu 6.10 under VMWare.

Ok, it means that unfortunately there is no simple workaround for this unsupported OS in IPP. You may want to submit feature request to add support for Ubuntu Linux in the next IPP versions.

Regards,
Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today