I am using the ippiResize_8u_C3R function. I did some testing withdynamic linking and measured the performance. When tried using static linking via theipp*merged and ipp*emerged libraries the performance is about 3 times slower.I stepped into the disassembly in both cases using a P4 processor. The dynamic version calls a function using SSE2 instructions and xmm registers, which is what I would expect. The static version calls a function called t7_ippiResize_8u_C3R which does not use SSE2 instructions. I have tried using ippiStaticInitCpu to force selection of CPU and stepping into the disassembly. It calls thepx*, a6*, w7* and t7* versions of the function correctly, depending on CPU type, however they all run slow.In summary, it appears the static merged libraries contain different t7* code to the dynamic libraries, and they are not optimized so well.ippiResize_8u_C3Ris the only function I have tried so far.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.