How can I compile the IPP5.0 Media Sample in Visual C++ 2003 or VC6?

How can I compile the IPP5.0 Media Sample in Visual C++ 2003 or VC6?

I have installed IPP5.0 and DirectX 9 SDK.And I can compile the media sample with the .bat file in DOS-Mode.I want to set it to window applicationso I have followed the instruction on this page:http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/ipp/win/ia/sb/CS-021409.htmBut I still have a lot of errors in Visual C++ IDEwhenI try tocompile the "video_enc_con" sample.Can someone tell mehowto build it into the development environment step by step?Thanks a lot.Regards,
Glen

Message Edited by hsuglenn@hotmail.com on 04-27-200609:17 AM

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Glen,

at what stage do you get errors? At compile or linkage? Could you attach build.htm from your IDE?

Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks for replying.

I have already solved thisproblem by reading the .log files. But I have another question.
I use video_enc_con.exe to encode the .par samplefiles like this:
"video_enc_con -r m2 mpeg2.par output.m2v"
but it returns
"Error:Can't initalize yuv data reader for file 352x288.yuv"

Why? I even have notmodify the code.

Regards
Glen.

Hi Glen,

seems you make mistake in specifying command line parameters. I think m2 option should be specified before -r option. Please check with video_enc_con help screen

Usage1: umc_video_enc_con.exe [m2|m4|h264|h263|h261] [Options] InputParFile OutputEncodedFile
Usage2: umc_video_enc_con.exe [m2|m4|h264|h263|h261] [Options] -i InputYUVFile -o OutputEncodedFile
Options:
[-i inputFile] - input YUV video file
[-w width] - video width
[-h height] - video height
[-f frameRate] - video frame rate (frames per second)
[-b bitRate] - encoded bit rate (bits per second)
[-n numFrames] - max frames to encode
[-t num] - number of threads for encoding
[-r] - enables threading of read/encode/write
[-y dir] - directory of YUV files
[-u file] - file for dumping perfomance info
[-p file.csv] - file for dumping perfomance info into scv format
Note: Options -i,-w,-h,-f,-b,-n override corresponding values inside InputParFile.
If InputParFile not specified, at least options -w,-h should be specified and -o should be added before OutputEncodedFile.

Regards,
Vladimir

Thank you so much for taking a look at my new question.But I can not see the usagethatyou saideven in the source code.What I can see is this:"Usage: video_enc_con.exe [Options] [m2|m4|h264|h263|h261]InputParFile OutputEncodedFileOptions:[-t num] - number of threads for encoding
[-r] - enables threading of read/encode/write
[-y dir] - directory of YUV files
[-u file] - file for dumping perfomance info"WhenI just followyour instruction to encode the mpeg2.par, it shows.The version of myIPP is 5.0. And the sample I download is w_ipp-sample-media_p_5.0.017.zip.Would you please check this?Regards,Glen.

Hi Glen,

I mention the latest version of media-sample, it is IPP v5.1. Could you pleasetry this new version?

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

I am very satisfied with the code samples of ipp 5.0. I learned a lot from them. All the other applications performance well just except for the video encoder. It is painful to alter the framework especialy in a urgent condition. As if everyting go back to the beginning. So I still wonder how to make it work under ipp 5.0.

By the way, I can not find the media processing code samples of IPP 5.1 on the site. I wonder if the samples of 5.1 can be easily compiled and run under the library of 5.0.

I know it is mistimed to ask support of IPP 5.0. But your advice may be the last way to solve my problem. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Glen

Glen,

thanks for your feedback. To get IPP samples for v5.1 you need to register for IPP v5.1. BTW, I think there will be throubles to linknew samples with old IPP version because of it is possible that new IPP functionality is used in code.

What do you mean under altering video encoder framework? What can be improved from your point of view?

Vladimir

Hi,

I am sorry for my expression.The projectwants me to learn how todevelope audio and video coding applications under IPP v5.0. So it may be impossible for me to alter the version of IPP. And I spent lots of daysto readthe code, I don't want to abort.

The programshould work even under the version of 5.0.I think there must be a way to solve this problem.I am puzzled whythe YUVReader cannot beinitalized and I need more information. Thank you!

Regards,
Glen

Glen,

completely agree with you, documentation is weak for such a complicated project. It was the reason why I'm asking about feedback. I want to understand what areas should be documented in more details.

Regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

Maybe I can give some suggestion:
1. There should be more comments in the code samples. You know, it is samples.
2. UMC Manual should be more detailed with the codesamples. For example, there should be some information aboutthe virtualmethodsthat the umc_mpeg4_enc override. I know I can learn it in the code, but it is painful.
3. Attention when upgrading - Which functionilty was cancelled, and which can be used to instead.It is a complicated work to make old codes run under the new version, but let the developer knowhow to modify current codes quicklyat first.

I hope the media processing part of IPP will become easier and more powerful to use. I long forsome detailed documents also becauseI am a beginner of this area. It is perfect if you can give some advice to my problem.

Thank you.

Regards,
Glen

Thanks for your feedback, so you still have issue with reading .PAR file? Could you please copy content of your PAR file here, probably it contain some wrong parameters?

Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today