REQUEST: Bayer to RGB conversion

REQUEST: Bayer to RGB conversion

Hi,

A feature that would be very handyand would, inour opinion, fit in nicely in a future edition of IPP would be a very optimised Bayer to RGB conversion routine. As the images grow in size in the typical vision application there is a need for very optimised implementations of the Bayer conversion algorithms tocreate the transitionfrom greyscale Bayer images to RGB images prior to displaying and processing begins.

Ideal options for such a set of routines:
- Optional gain levels for each channel.
- Adjustable offsets in horizontal and vertical position for the Bayer conversion to start (to accommodate different Bayer mask offsets on different cameras).
- Processing of 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 bit greylevel images supported.

I hope this will be considered for a future version of IPP. Maybe some of the other users of this forum will second that?

Regards,
Jacob

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I agree. This will be great.
In the mean time you can check what we have done and that follows your requirements : see at www.elvitec.fr check DLLs Utilitaires Elvitec. This is free for our users ( end friends : your boss is one of our friends).
srsr

Hi,

Could you please submit your feature request to IPP tech support channel. It will fall into our database and will be considered at theplanning new functionality stage.

Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks for your replies. I have posted the request to Tech support (I think).

To support@elvitec.fr(srsr). I tried to access your homepage and found the description of yourelv_BayerDLL library but nowhere to download it. Could you please email meinstructions on how to access it or maybe the library itself. My email is in my user ID.

Thanks,
Jacob

I second that request; is it a good idea for me to request it as well, or is it more based on the principle of the decisions of a develpoment team?

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

yes, it is a good idea to submit this request from your side as well.

Thanks,
Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today