Adding Text to a IppiImage

Adding Text to a IppiImage

There is no apparent means to addannotation textto an IppiImage. Using the ippiSet command places any size/color rectangle in the image. I have built a text placement routine for my application using an emulation of an old fashioned 7-segment display. Some code but it works nicely. If anyone wants info please email me: barehill@aol.com. Also if anyone has an alternate method of adding text I would appreciate info. I tried using the image's DC to use the standard .TextOut Win32 command with no success.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you see also IPP functions which work with Alpha channel, so you can do it more flexible than with ippiSet function? You can take a look on IPP manual for the details.

Regards,
Vladimir

OpenCV has some text function routines. The "font" isn't very beautiful, but it does support multiple scale/size letters (in points).

The DC option would probably be best. If you ever do manage to do it, I would appriciate if you posted about it. I believe many people would find it useful.

Cheers,
Adi

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today