using IPP - MPEG2 AAC

using IPP - MPEG2 AAC

Hello. I'm Min-chul. Now I'm substituting some functions at MPEG4 BSAC source code for some functions at IPP (MPEG2 AAC), for example,IinverseQuant/MS/IS/TNS/IMDCT to accelerate my decoder. (Is there anyone who have a job like mine?)
But I have a problem. A frame which uses only a long window is decoded well whilea frame whichuses8 short windows is not decoded. As my decoder meets a frame which use 8 short windows, decoder is terminated. Please adviseme.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Min-chul.

What platform do you use, IA or PCA? What operating system (linux or windows)?
Could you also give us AAC data which cause the error?

Regards,
Vladimir

I will clarify your questions with IPP developers. By the way, you can submit these questions through QuAD service, where we can track progress and so on.

Regards,
Vladimir

I mean premier.intel.com which is official channel for technical support of Intel products.

Hello !

I am porting BSAC decoder using IPP 4.1 same as min-chul.
And I found the same problem min-chul described exactly.
If you have solved the problem, please give me some information.

Thanks.

Hi,

please submit your issue to premier.intel.com it will helps us to track the issue and to plan when we can fix it

Regards,
Vladimir

Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik (Intel)

Hi,

please submit your issue to premier.intel.com it will helps us to track the issue and to plan when we can fix it

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi,
I'm also facing the same kind of problem in replacing IMDCT function in MP3 Decoder. There appears to be some kind of noise introduced after replacing the IMDCT function with the IPP library call. I'm using IPP library for Linux OS ( ubuntu 8.04) . Kindly let me know the reason.

Regards,
Manjunath.

Hello,

did you have a chance to try IPP audio-video-codecs samples? We provide several simple applications which demonstrate how to build media codecs based on IPP functions.

Regards,
Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today