Using zlib data compression?

Using zlib data compression?

Hello!

We previously used zlib 1.2.3 library for our software. We are now updating this lib and I'm considering switching to the ipp interface. But I don't know how to deal with it. 

1. In the doc, it is written that we can switch from the zlib to the ipp_zlip without any change in the code (?)
  2. I cannot find any header file with declaration for function like, say, gzopen().
  3. But, I can find the gzopen() function in the .exp file. I hope I don't have to do a GetProcAddress() for these functions?
  4. I cannot find any sample code.There are only executables.

Any hint for me? I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to proceed. 

Thank you!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Note: I'm using ICC 13.0.1207.11 (update 3) within Visual Studio 2012 update 2

This is Intel C++ compiler forum and try to get help on IPP forum or on Zlib forum.

Hi,

Something's wrong with the forum. I don't see the last message. Only subscribe e-mails.

Are you asking about 'gzwopen'? What's it? I don't see such function in 1.2.8 and 1.2.3.

Regarding installing 1.2.8 headers, as far as i see from IPP zlib sources, they are based on zlib 1.2.5. So, you better stay within limits of 1.2.5. No functionality, additional to 1.2.5, is checked.

Regards,
Sergey 

Hello Sergey,

Actually, gzwopen() is an additional function added localy so don't care about it. It was just added some years before I start working for the company. In 1.2.8, I will have to use gzopen_w() I think so.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today