We have an engineering sample of the Xeon Phi (60 core version). We have installed the mpss_gold_update_3-2.1.6720-16-rhel-6.4
1) We followed the instructions to upgrade flash but micinfo is reporting this:
OS version: 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64
Driver version: 6720-16
MPSS version: 2.1.6720-16
BUT: flash version, SMC, UOS and device serial number are all reported as "NotAvailable"...
2) micsmc produces error messages every few seconds such as "Warning: mic0 device connection lost!" and "Information: mic0: Device connection restored"
3) We have a C++ native application running on the Phi. It can be configured to run multithreaded (pthreads), we have taken benchmarks. It runs fractionally more slowly in 240 threads (60 cores x 4 HW threads per core) compared to a single thread... (we have accounted for the overhead of starting new threads)
The application runs against a fixed size sample data as follows:
- when compiled for the host system: 0.2 seconds
- when run on the Phi in a single thread: 0.59 seconds
- when run on the Phi in 240 threads: 0.6 seconds
Repeated runs while micsmc is running shows that no more than 2 cores are being used at any one time...
Any help with this would be much appreciated