How can I visualize VTune Result from other machine

How can I visualize VTune Result from other machine

I am recently working on a remote Xeon Phi cluster. I run the Vtune amplifire using command line remotly. I get the result in a folder and I can report them using command line . But this is difficlut to work on it. I try to copy these result from the remote cluster and put it in my local computer. when I try to open it using my local Vtune it gives me an error and that the result can't be shown. is it possible to do that in any way.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Have you tried installing the Intel MPSS package, which includes the k1om binutils libraries along with other Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor stuff, onto your analysis machine?   Running VTune Amplifier on a host that is not the coprocessor to look at coprocessor data is the normal operating environment for coprocessor analysis, so moving data to a non-cluster machine should be viable with adequate SW support, which means Installing the Intel Many-core Integrated Soffware Stack on the analysis machine as well as the data-collection machine, to obtain SW and HW architectural info needed by VTune Amplifier for decoding the project file..  

How can I install MPSS on my local machine and link it to the Vtune . I hope you privide me if you can with links to the software and the instructions for doing that.

I had tried viewing the results collected on a remote machine (not a cluster) on a local machine and it worked for me without installing the MPSS. The only software that I needed on the local system was Intel VTune amplifier XE. Here are the steps that I followed.

1)      Transfer the remote machine’s results directory over to the local machine. You can choose to use SCP or any other file transfer application. By default, result directories are named as r0*. For example, the result directories of a general exploration analysis might be named as r000ge, r001ge, r002ge, etc. For example, on the remote machine (elnx) run the following command to transfer files using SCP:

$ scp –r elx:~/test/r000ge knightscorner1:~/

2)      Start the Intel VTune Amplifier XE GUI on the local machine.

Linux:

$ /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe/bin64<32>/amplxe-gui

Windows:

Start > All Programs > Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 > Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013

3)  Open and view the copied result directory. File > Open > Result and point to the *.amplxe file present in the result directory.

4)  Intel VTune will display your results in the GUI. 

Let me know if these steps worked for you. 

When running VTune analyzer, you would likely need MPSS components only for resolving events pointing to vmlinux.  If you cared to try it, you might grab a copy of the vmlinux used for your runs.  My applications have enough events hitting in vmlinux, libiomp5, and MPI that the analysis isn't so useful without adding those components to binary search path.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today