Problem with icc and the linker

Problem with icc and the linker

Hi,

I am trying to compile the example (Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor developer's quick start guide) that can be found in: 

/opt/intel/composerxe/Samples/en_US/C++/mic_samples/intro_sampleC

I compile the sample with the makefile that we can find in the directory. When I execute "make mic" I obtain this warning:

"ld: warning: libimf.so, needed by /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/intel64/liboffload.so.5, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)"

Similar lines to libsvml.so, libirng.so and libintlc.so.5

When I run with "./intro_sampleC.out", I obtain:

./intro_sampleC.out: error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

¿What is wrong? I checked that libimf.so, libsvml.so, libirng.so and libintlc.so.5 files exists in opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/intel64/

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I found the problem. It didn't activate the search path to the libraries with 

EXPORT LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64

What version of MPSS do you have installed?

Before setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH as noted, had you sourced the compilervars.sh setup script?

Hello Kevin,

this is the partial output to the "micinfo" tool:

System Info
HOST OS : Linux
OS Version : 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64
Driver Version : 6720-21
MPSS Version : 2.1.6720-21
Host Physical Memory : 32842 MB

Regardig your question, yes I did, i executed "source <path_to_intel>/compilevars.sh intel64"

Hi, I have completely same problem, can you help me with this please? Can't compile any offload OpenMP code.

Here is my output

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/507182

Thanks for help

The link you provided returns Access denied for me. The original user's issue related to a run-time failure not a compilation failure. Can you please create a new post in our forum and include the details of the error you received. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today