HPL benchmark on MIC

HPL benchmark on MIC

Is there any procedure or guide for Running HPL benchmark on MIC cards? I've a system with two MIC cards.The Host system has 128GB memory. How I should set the problem size, PxQ values?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

a version of Linpack is available with the Intel(R) MPSS -- if you look at the MPSS Users guide, section 4 (installing optional workloads), there is some detail about what you need to do; you basically end up installing the micperf* packages that come with the MPSS; once installed, there should be a README.txt  in /usr/src/micperf/micp that might have what you're looking for

Belinda Liviero

Our MIC system is installed with MPSS-2.1 & RHEL-6.4. There is no UserGuide in any of the folders. I referred MPSS-3.1 UserGuide. But no much info about hpl.

In the Intel linpack-11.1.1 benhcmark, it is mentioned to use Hybrid offload method to run on MIC. I used, xhpl_offload_intel64 binary from bin_intel64/intel64. But its failed with following error:

glibc detected *** ./xhpl_offload_intel64: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer:

In this cluster Intel composerxe-2013 and Intel MPI-4.1.1.036 packages are installed. Is there any compatibility issue here?

I just ran HPL xhpl_offload_intel64 from mkl/benchmarks/mp_linpack/bin_intel on a system with that same configuration without errors.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today