MIC linking issues

MIC linking issues

I am getting the incompatibility error while linking a library using -mmic flag. I dont know how to make the piece of code compatible with native mic compilation.

x86_64-k1om-linux-ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `libMisc.a(clock_time.o)' is incompatible with k1om output

//clock_time.c code

#include <time.h>

double MPI_Wtime(void);

double clock_time_()
{
  return MPI_Wtime();
}

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

There may be more to resolving this since it appears you are using MPI, maybe in native mode, so I may not have all the answers here.
The error you received indicates libMisc.a was not compiled with -mmic but rather it was compiled for the host (x86-64). For the snippet of code you showed, if that is the extent of the libMisc.a, then you could build it for native as follows:

$ icc -V
Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.2.144 Build 20140120
Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

$ icc -c -mmic clock_time.c
$ /usr/linux-k1om-4.7/bin/x86_64-k1om-linux-ar crv libMisc.a clock_time.o
a - clock_time.o

If your interest in using MPI on Xeon Phi™, then you might refer How to run Intel MPI on Xeon Phi. There is a specific the section on Running natively on the Xeon Phi coprocessor that may be of interest.

Thank you sir. That was very helpful. I am able to run my application natively on MIC.

I am always amazed about the fact on how fast Intel experts replies to forum queries. Kudos to your whole team of experts !

I am glad to hear that helped.
Thank you for those kind words. We appreciate hearing that!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today