How to schedule a job on xeon phi?

How to schedule a job on xeon phi?

Hello, does anybody know of a crontab-like tool to schedule process start/stop for native xeon phi please?

Thanks!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Cron is not available on the coprocessor which you probably already discovered (hence your post) and I do not recall any related discussions in the past either.

Could you explain in more detail what sort of need you have or problem you are facing?

Maybe a wild idea but if it served your needs, could you drive the native process execution from the host via cron and using /usr/bin/micnativeloadex?

Perhaps with more details it may spark some ideas from others.

Best Reply

You could install the cronie-1.4.8-r2.k1om.rpm package from the software for coprocessor OS on the MPSS page that is contained in this link.

http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/4245/mpss-3.2.3-k1om.tar

It has the standard UNIX cron daemon in it.

Paul

cronie did the trick, thank you Paul for a good idea. The software set in MPSS is rather handy I must say, e.g. has googletest (which I couldn't compile out of the box without RTTI support).

And as to Kevin's question - I'd like to start some apps natively on phi, micnativeloadex would probably do too (thanks for suggestion!) if not the cronie package.

Glad I could help.  The gnu tools they have compiled are very handy indeed.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today