In an effort to remove IMSL library from our projects (because of the new licensing policy) I am giving a try to the MKL library. I mainly use cubic spline functions using Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE on IA-32, version 12.1.1 (Package ID: w_fcompxe_2011.7.258). I have started with from an existing project that compiles and links fine with IMSL (the project exports functions used in Excel through VBA to provide spline features). I have added a new function that uses the spline possibilities of the MKL (10.3 update 10). The call to the function from VBA works fine, but I get an Access violation when calling the function dfdConstruct1D(). It seems that the problem is located in the mkl at location : _mkl_df_kernel_n8_dDFAkimaCubicSpline1D() + 0x1765c octets. The source code was created from an example provided in the documentation and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. The source file is attached.