Redirecting Pardiso output messages into a file

Redirecting Pardiso output messages into a file

Dear All,

I'm plugging the Pardiso solver to a finite elements software. As my OS is Windows, I cannot juste redirect the printed output on the screen to a text file. Is there any option to redirect the output messages to a file ?

Thanks,

Valene

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,Do you call your example with PARDISO from command prompt or from studio?With best regards,Alexander Kalinkin

Hello,

I am just wondering if someone has an answer to the question above, posted by Valene. Is there a way to redirect the Pardiso output messages to a different stream? I wrote a C++ program that calls the pardiso solver. The usual trick to redirect cout to something like ostream os is to do:

cout.rdbuf( os.rdbuf()),

but that will not work with pardiso. The output still goes to stdout.

Thank you in advance,

Gonzalo

I took a couple of the Pardiso C examples distributed with MKL in the examples/solverc/source directory, opened an Intel-C command window, compiled and ran the program with standard output redirected to a file. Everything worked fine. "valene"'s statement
Quote:

As my OS is Windows, I cannot just redirect the printed output on the screen to a text file.

is wrong, at least for a standard console mode application. Both stdout and stderr can be redirected to a file in a Windows command window.

Redirecting streams after your program has started is a little trickier, but do you need to take that route? Please present a complete example code showing what the problems are.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry it wasn't very clear. What I wanted to say is that I used Pardiso in a dll linked to my code, which has his own output. Of course, as a stand alone application, I could redirect the stream to a file from a windows command window.

I was just comparing to other programs such as Mumps which has an argument to set the stream for the output. I thought maybe it was possible with Pardiso too, in an easy way. 

Thank you again for your reply. Don't bother too much for that.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today