Pardiso OOC *.sin *.sle files

Pardiso OOC *.sin *.sle files

Hello,

I'm running Pardiso with the out-of-core (OOC) option. When I'm done I call the PARDISO function with phase = -1. Most files generated during the out-of-core process are deleted, but 2 files remain: ABC.sin and ABC.sle, where "ABC" is what I set in MKL_PARDISO_OOC_PATH.

Why aren't these files also deleted? Is there a way to have them automatically deleted along with the other files?

Thanks.

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I checked how it works with the latest update3 and all temporarily files were automatically deleted (with settingMKL_PARDISO_OOC_KEEP_FILE=1 and by the default). Win32 code (fortran) was used.--Gennady

Gennady,

I'm running in C with the Win64 code. Is that something you can check on your end - if I'm not asking too much?

Thanks.

-Arthur

Gennady,

I built a Win32 version - still calling from C, though. I have the same problem: the files *.sin and *.sle are not deleted, but the files *.ind, *.jal, *lnz, and *.lup - which were created while the problem was running - were all deleted by Pardiso.

-Arthur

I am still cannot reproduce this case ( I check on win7).Which version of MKL do you use?--Gennady

Arthur,The component owner confirmed that this problem has been recently fixed into the latest version 10.3 Update3.The update availble now. You can find herethe info about this update--Gennady

Gennady,

This is the version information I have:

Major Version= 10
Minor Version= 3
Update Version= 3
Product Status= Product
Build= 20110314
Processor Optimization= Intel Pentium 4 processor with SSE3

It appears I'm using the proper version, but I'll go ahead and download a new version - if my evaluation status allows it.

Thanks.

-Arthur

Gennady,

I clicked on my evaluation link in my email and I'm being prompted to download w_mkl_p_10.2.7.040.exe.

But when I first clicked on that link the file I downloaded was w_mkl_10.3.3.175; this is what I have installed. So it appears to me that I have the proper version installed and if I click on my email link I will end up installing an older, rather than newer version.

Can you let me know where I can download the very latest version from?

Thanks.

-Arthur

Actuallyw_mkl_10.3.3.175 is the latest update we released recently and which I used also. But I am not still able to reproduce the problem. All files are deleting after execution.regards, Gennady

Gennady,

Do you at least see the .sin and .sle files before they are deleted?

I guess I don't know what else to try now. With MKL_PARDISO_OOC_KEEP_FILE set to 0 I see lots of other files left on the disk. If I set it o 1 then the .sin and .sle files still remain, while all others are gone.

Could it be that, in addition to MKL_PARDISO_OOC_KEEP_FILE set to 0 I need an additional flag to have these 2 files deleted and I'm missing this information?

-Arthur

Yes, I see all tmp files ( like *.ind, *.lup, *,sln and etc) during the execution stage.
Quote:"Could it be that, in addition to MKL_PARDISO_OOC_KEEP_FILE set to 0 I need an additional flag to have these 2 files deleted and I'm missing this information?"
no, You don't need to do else...
I will ask the component owner to help with clarifying that problem.
--Gennady

Hello, Arthur!

We faced with similar problem in past. Now it should be resolved. Could you provide as with following info: What does input parameter iparm(60) equal? How much number of threads (MKL_NUM_THREADS) do you use? Please, print out the iparm(57) and iparm(64) after reordering step.

Additionally it would be nice if you set msglvl=1 before reordering and provide us with output information.

Sergey,

I ran with MKL_NUM_THREADS=2 (although I got a message #processors = 1; I have another thread here on this topic). Also,

iparm(60) = 2 on input

On output, iparm(57) = 0 and iparm(64) = 103000115

Thanks.

-Arthur

Arthur,We have finally reproduced the problem with the latest version 10.3 Update3. One Note - on our side the problem is reprocuded withMKL_NUM_THREADS ==1 only. The component owner is confirmed the issue and will work to fix.This issue has been
submitted to our internal development tracking database for further
investigation, we will inform you once a new update becomes available.
Here is a bug tracking number for your reference: DPD200210337.
--Gennady

Gennady,

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. I appreciate your help and patience throughout this process.

Should I get an update on this thread when the bug is fixed, or what is the procedure for tracking this bug?

-Arthur

Arthur,Yes, sure. We will inform you
once the fix of this problem becomes available for downloading.
Here is a bug tracking number for your reference: 200210595.--Gennady

Arthur,

Please
check the fix of the problem you reported with the latest Update 5 ( Intel
MKL v.10.3.5).

regards, Gennady

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today