(symmetric) Sparse - Sparse Multiplication

(symmetric) Sparse - Sparse Multiplication

I am looking for a solution for C = A * B, where A and B are both symmetric sparse matrices (CSR with 3array variation), and the results is also a symmetric sparse matrix (CSR with 3array variation).

I found "mkl_csrmultcsr" but as I understand both A and B must include full storage of data (upper + lower diagonal terms) whereas I have A & B and only upper diagonals stored.

Thanks
Bulent

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Bulent,

I do not see the function for such computation. I can create a feature in the internal database, so our engineer team can check it in the future release.

Thanks,
Chao

Hi Chao
That would be great if you include it the list of developments.
For a typical finite element application, we usually deal with symmetric matrices which saves us a lot of memory and computation time. In such an application (Eigen sub-space solution), I need to perform matrix multiplication of 2 sym. sparse matrices.

Regards
Bulent

Bulent

For this feature request, we have some questions:

"By computing the product of symmetric sparse matrices and getting SYMMETRIC SPARSE result"

In many cases, such a product is non-symmetric, and dense. Does you some mean some specific matrices to be multiplied?

Thanks,
Chao

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today