Beginner's question

Beginner's question

Dear all,

I am trying to use MKL LAPACK function SYEVD to compute the eigenvalues of a small real, symetric matrix. I must say that I am pretty new at using libraries other than those I write. Anyways, I compile all my programs without any problem, but when it comes to link them, I get the error :

undefined reference to `SSYEVD_MKL95'

The program inversion (which is actually a module containing several sub-routines) is compiled with the following options :

ifort -module ./ -assume byterecl -static -align -names as_is -traceback -heap-array -fp-stack-check -check all -C -warn all -I/opt/intel/mkl/10.1.0.015/lib/em64t/ -c inversion.f90

I make use of the two modules mkl95_LAPACK, ONLY: SYEVD,SYEV and USE mkl95_PRECISION, ONLY: WP => SP

As for the linking step, I am not sure what to use to avoid the message stated above. I have tried several combinations of -L and lmkl_**, without much success.

I am really lost here, and I would be gratefull if someone would be kind enough to shed a light on my problems. I am aware that this might just be a compiling problem.

Thanks alot for your help if any.

Pierre-Franois

NB : forgot to precise a few things : I am using Intel Fortran as a compiler (version 10.0) and the latest MKL libraries on a em64t (Xeon) computer.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you check the instructions on how to build the "95" libraries before attempting to use them?

Quoting - tim18

Did you check the instructions on how to build the "95" libraries before attempting to use them?

Dear Tim,

First off, thank you for your reply. I indeed followed the instructions on how to build the "95" libraries (compiled it via the makefile located in the ./interfaces/lapack95/ directory).

I used the following make options : make libem64t interface=lp64

Cheers,

Pierre-Franois

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today