scaLapack and Windows

scaLapack and Windows

Hi everyone,I am trying to use CMKL 8.1 for windows, and I want to compile a scaLapack program. I don't know what are the correct libraries that should be added to my CVF 6.6a. I have installed MPICH2 and Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack (is this last one really necessary).I included the followings:mkl_scalapack.lib mkl_blacs_mpich2.lib mkl_lapack.lib libguide.lib msmpi.lib mkl_scalapacktesting.lib mkl_c.lib mkl_ia32.lib mpi.libbut I get the following errors:f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SL_INIT@12
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _BLACS_GRIDINFO@20
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DESCINIT@40
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PDLACPY@48
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PDGESV@48
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PDLAMCH@12
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PDLANGE@36
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PDGEMM@84
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _BLACS_GRIDEXIT@4
f03.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _BLACS_EXIT@4
Debug/f03.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.Last but not least, I would be very thankful if someone can guide me on this:Is it possible to build and run scaLapack programs on windows workstations without using Windows HPC 2003 and only using Windows xp(32bit) on workstations ? and if Yes , How is the procedure and what are the requirements ? is Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack necessary and how can it be used?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you're using the old CVF-compatible 32-bit MPICH, then you have no reason to fight with the newer Microsoft products. In that case, you surely won't be able to use any 64-bit software. You can run CVF/MPICH builds under Windows x64, but you would likely need a 32-bit system to compile with CVF and link 32-bit MPICH. I doubt you will find it easy with CVF to use MKL components intended for ifort, such as mkl_c.lib, where the alternate mkl_s.lib is provided specifically for CVF compatibility.
People are using the 32-bit Argonne MPICH CVF product with ifort. Of course, the favored path, if you are putting a lot of work into MPI, is to go with 64-bit OS and ifort. Microsoft and HP MPI do require the whole 64-bit CCE thing, including an Active Directory domain for installation. There are several incompatible versions of MS software. Argonne 64-bit MPICH should run with just XP64 and appropriate compilers, but hasn't had as much testing. If you are having trouble finding the time to research your questions, you might be able to learn linux alternatives quicker.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today