Question about PARDISO in MKL 7.2

Question about PARDISO in MKL 7.2

Hello all:

I am a new user of MKL, I wanted to use the PARDISO function.
My system is 2003, MKL 7.2. I modified the example "pardiso_unsym.c" into a project which is attached. the error message
sparse fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
sparse error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl omp_get_max_threads(void)" (?omp_get_max_threads@@YAHXZ) referenced in function _main
sparse error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl PARDISO(void *,int *,int *,int *,int *,int *,double *,int *,int *,int *,int *,int *,int *,double *,double *,int *)" (?PARDISO@@YAHPAXPAH1111PAN111111221@Z) referenced in function _main

I am puzzled that I didn't found the declartion of PARDISOin any head files.
If it is from Fortran lib, should I install Intel Fortran Compiler?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The example is really a C example, and not a C++ example. The unsatisfied references are the C++ decortated names generated off PARDISO() and omp_get_max_threads(). You need to declare these functions a C external functions (take a look at our mkl_blas.h header file to see how this can be done.

Having said that, I think we can improve this example including perhaps adding some header support.

Alternatively you coudl use the DSS interface, which is the interface that was orginally defined by CXML (Compaq eXtended Math Library) for PARDISO and which we have adopted. There is header support for this implementation and both the code is the same code that executes when you call PARDISO.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today