MKL 8.0 beta will be available soon - May 12, to be exact. This version of the library has many new functions and, as many of you have come to expect, some performance enhancements. Here is a list of some of the new functionality:
- Sparse level 2 and level 3 BLAS
- Sparse iterative solver
- Correlation/convolution functions
- Interval arithmetic basic functions (+,-,*,/) as well as solvers
- Additional basic random number generator (Mersenne Twister)
- The integer functionality of GMP, Gnu MultiPrecision. The interface is consistent with GMP but the implementation is uniquely MKL
- Cluster version of the FFT
- F95 interfaces to LAPACK
Some of the performance enhancements include:
- Superb LU performance in ScaLAPACK. Performance is very close to that of MP LINPACK and quite insensitive to blocking, unlike the Netlib code.
- Performnance improvements of 30% and more on 2D FFTs larger than 512x512 on EM64T processors
- DSTEQR performance improved by up to 100% plus threading with good scaling.
The beta period will be short - only 30 days. We need you to try out the new functionality and provide feedback on how well the software works.
Message Edited by bsgreer on 04-26-2005 06:54 AM
Message Edited by bsgreer on 04-27-2005 09:06 AM