Pentium 4 (No error message) / Pentium 4 with HT (error message)

Pentium 4 (No error message) / Pentium 4 with HT (error message)

Hello,

I'm using the following script in a Pentium 4 computer using ifort v8.1 and mkl v 7.0 :

source /opt/intel_fc_80/bin/ifortvars.csh
source /opt/intel_idb_80/bin/idbvars.csh

ifort -c get_MatrRec.f get_eigenv1211.f get_KLh12.f get_K_z.f
get_f.f get_Evector.f get_Jcurrent.f get_Rec.f
get_Sortvalue.f

ifort -c MAIN.f

ifort -o trrj MAIN.o get_MatrRec.o get_eigenv1211.o
get_KLh12.o get_K_z.o

get_f.o get_Evector.o get_Jcurrent.o get_Rec.o

get_Sortvalue.o

-static -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack
-lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread

If I use this same script in a notebook with Intel Pentium 4 Processor 532 supporting Hyper threading and using noncomercial ifort v8.1 and mkl72 it shows the following error message:

/opt/intel/mkl72/lib/32/libguide.az(z_Linux_util.o)(.text+0x17c2): In function '_kmp_suspended_initialize':
undefined reference to 'pthread_atfork'

As I understand mkl does not work well with Hyper threading. What should I change in my script to compile and link properly my files in the notebook?

Thanks and looking forward for some answer/hint,

JG

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you have installed a version of libc which does not support static linked pthreads, such as you would get by running Red Hat 9 without the required upgrade, check your installation, or switch to dynamic link. You can hardly blame HT for problems with your installation, or expect anyone to guess what unsupported linux installation you have.
Recent versions of MKL are supposed to default to 1 thread, so you would have to specifically request more threads to see much effect of HT.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today