Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) version 7.0

Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) version 7.0

The IntelMath Kernel Library (Intel MKL) version 7.0 is now available. The new version features...

• A sparse solver with PARDISO and DSS interfaces.
  • Two quasi-random basic generators implemented (Sobol, Niederreiter), Poisson distribution generator with varying mean implemented (vector Poisson generator), and multivariate (correlated) normal distribution generator implemented.
  • Newly implemented 2D DFT for real data types.
  • Performance improvements.

Visit http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/ for more information.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

How is Pentium M support on version 7?

While I typically use MKL under linux on a Pentium 4, it would be handy to be able to use it on my Pentium M laptop.

I downloaded the Windows trial for MKL 6.1 and had problems with it (unfortunately I was very busy at the time so I did not ask customer support about it during the 30 day trial period).

I have noticed that while MKL 6.1 claimed to be optimized for Pentium M, version 7 says nothing about being optimized for Pentium M.

I suppose you would normally use the P4 library on Pentium M. The main difference in optization for Pentium M is the possibility of using x87 code for scalar sequences. You could test your own application, with the various .dll files, in case the P3, or default code, turns out faster. Evidently, if you are using MKL functions implemented in SSE2 parallel instructions, you would expect the P4 code to perform best.

The Sparse Matrix Solver of the library attracted me!
How many unkowns can it solve when I use it in PC with 1G memory (Windows XP Professional)? Can I call the library in CVF6.6 (a fool question)?

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang

Message Edited by tangzhanghong98@yahoo.com on 07-14-2004 05:43 AM

The amount of memory you need has more to do with sparsity of the system (in other words, the number of nonzero entries) than the number of unknowns. There are other factors as well; such as the ability to minimize fill-in. Take a look at the referencemanualfor further information. It is available with the product or online at http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/docs/manuals.htm.

MKL does support CVF 6.6. See the release notes for further information (http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/win_relnotes.pdf)

Todd

Hi Dr. Todd,

Thank you very much for your kindly reply!

Just now I tested an example code 'pardiso_sym.f', which is a sparse matrix solver, an error comes:

Linking...
pardiso_sym.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PARDISO@64
Debug/pardiso_sym.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

What should I set for the project (I use CVF6.6 compiler).

Sincerely,
Zhanghong Tang

I have tested another function ddotin MKL, I only need to add mkl_lapack.lib to the project and addtwo lines:
real*8 ddot
external ddot
to the source code. It can run correctly.

Is there any other difference for me to call PARDISO in CVF6.6?

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang

Another information:
I have tested 'pardiso_sym.c' and 'dss_sym.c', thereis no problem.

I configured my projects according to
http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/mkl/win/30486.HTM

I don't have CVF immediately available. Have you tried submitting an issue at Intel Premier support? I don't see a limitation on use of the sparse solver from CVF, but I don't see the symbol you reference above in any of the MKL libraries.

-Todd

I have also tried. Here is my zipped project.

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang

The number of unknowns DSS can handle is limited by memory. There is an interface for CVF (just link in mkl_s.lib if you are using the default CVF interface).

Bruce

I am trying to check the CBLAS example file "CBLAS_DSPR2x.c". I have attched my zipped project in Visual c++ 6.0

I have done the settings as given in the page you mentioned in the earlier messages.
- I have added"mkl_c.lib" inlibrary area and added the path of library files of intel mkl.

While compiling i dontget any errors.

But whn itry to build theexecutable these "unresolved external symbol" errors come

These are the errors

Linking...
cblas_dspr2x.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PrintVectorD
cblas_dspr2x.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PrintOrder
cblas_dspr2x.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PrintSide
cblas_dspr2x.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetVectorD
Debug/checkmat.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
checkmat.exe - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Please help me out ..

(attached is the zip of project folder)

re