How to write ILP64-version vdRngUniform? (Namely, very long random number array)

How to write ILP64-version vdRngUniform? (Namely, very long random number array)

MKL_LONG status;
VSLStreamStatePtr stream;
int main(){
vslNewStream(&stream, VSL_BRNG_SFMT19937, 777);
rnd_data = (double*)malloc(total * sizeof(double));
status = vdRngUniform(VSL_RNG_METHOD_UNIFORM_STD, stream, total, rnd_data, 0.0, 1.0);
vslDeleteStream(&stream);
}

The above quite standard c++ VSL code gives 'MKL ERROR: Parameter 3 was incorrect on entry to vdRngUniform' once the variable 'total' is large than 2^32-1. I'm trying to write a ILP64 version to overcome this. In so far as I've tried, by referring to MKL manual https://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/mkl/lin/MKL_UG_structure/Support_for_ILP64_Programming.htm, the error remained all along. I tried using compilation command 'icpc -DMKL_ILP64 -mkl a.cpp' and defining variable 'total' as MKL_INT type. I'm using some 64-bit linux machine.

Could you kindly help me on this? Thanks in advance!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

Can you please check status of the dynamic memory allocation in your environment and let me know if the memory for rnd_data is successfully allocated in both modes, with -DMKL_INT64 and without it?

Please, use MKL_INT type for the variable total.

Andrey

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today