cannot find ScaLAPACK libraries in Composer XE 2015 for C++ Linux

cannot find ScaLAPACK libraries in Composer XE 2015 for C++ Linux

Hello,

I've downloaded Intel Parallel Studio XE Composed Edition for C++ Linux, (composer_xe_2015)  and tried to compile a test program for ScaLAPACK.  However, I cannot find the ScaLAPACK libraries in the lib/intel64.  The only version of libmkl_scalapack_lp64 resides in the lib/mic directory, and LD skips this as incompatible.

Am I missing anything, or ScaLAPACK is not included in the version of MKL distributed with Composer XE 2015?

Thanks for your help!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

The cluster components of MKL, including ScaLAPACK, are not installed by default. You'll have to re-run your installation process and manually explicitly select these components. See this article for more information: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intelr-mkl-new-install-option

Thank you, that helped!

I just ran install script again and customized the list of installed components.  It's strange, though, that default ScaLAPACK is isntalled for MIC, and not for the common linux64 architecture...

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today