cluster_sparse_solver library and path setting in LINUX

cluster_sparse_solver library and path setting in LINUX

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

Hello,

I have a question regarding compiling a program containing cluster_sparse_solve.

I have developed a program for 3D flow field calculation using finite element method, using Intel parallel studio in my laptop, which is working with WINDOWS OS. I have compiled the program using the following lines:

step1 :

set path=C:\MyIntel\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\redist\intel64\mkl; C:\MyIntel\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\MyIntel\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\redist\intel64\tbb\vc_mt;%path%

step 2 :

set lib=C:\MyIntel\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\mkl\lib\intel64;%lib%

for the mentioned lined, I have used mkl_link_tool mpiifort C:\FORTRAN\Programmes\MPI\main01.f90

Then, after setting the path and libraries, I have used the followings:

step 3:

mpiifort USEFULLS.f90 CONSTANTS.f90 PRE_PROCESSOR_3D.f90 DATATYPES.f90 VEL_SUBS.f90 SPARSE_SUB.f90 -I"C:\MyIntel\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.210\windows\mkl\include" "parallel01.f90" mkl_intel_lp64.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.lib impi.lib libiomp5md.lib -o Pstatic -heap-arrays

It works perfectly, without any problem. Also, I shall add that I have also compiled the program using dynamic libraries, as well. (I have used the the online link advisor for the recently mentioned line (step 3)- https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor/)

But, I want to use the in a better computer which has Intel parallel Studio just under a LINUX OS. I have used again the online link advisor and then I have used the following to compile my code:

mpiifort USEFULLS.f90 CONSTANTS.f90 PRE_PROCESSOR_3D.f90 DATATYPES.f90 VEL_SUBS.f90 SPARSE_SUB.f90 -I. /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.196/linux/mkl/include "parallel01.f90" -Wl,--start-group . /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.196/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a . /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.196/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a . /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.196/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a . /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.4.196/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.a -Wl,--end-group -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl -o Pstatic -heap-arrays

But I do not know:

a – How to determine the path and libraries in linux system (I mean what is mentioned in step 1 and step 2, but for linux)

b – How to find the suitable lines and libraries in linux system

c - I have found mkl_link_tool in linux instalation directory, but it does not work! Why?

At the moment, it gives the following errors:

parallel01.f90(17): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MKL_CLUSTER_SPARSE_SOLVER]

USE MKL_CLUSTER_SPARSE_SOLVER

------------^

parallel01.f90(61): error #6457: This derived type name has not been declared. [MKL_CLUSTER_SPARSE_SOLVER_HANDLE]

TYPE(MKL_CLUSTER_SPARSE_SOLVER_HANDLE) :: CPT(64)

-------------^

parallel01.f90(268): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [CPT]

CPT(:)%dummy = 0

--------^

parallel01.f90(268): error #6514: Substring or array slice notation requires CHARACTER type or array. [CPT]

--------^

parallel01.f90(268): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [DUMMY]

---------------^

parallel01.f90(268): error #6158: The structure-name is invalid or is missing. [CPT]

--------^

compilation aborted for parallel01.f90 (code 1)

Best regards

Mehdi

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello, regard to questions a and b -- these are general questions how to work on unix system and you may find the answers everywhere. For example, you may have a look at the mkl's examples and see how we build mkl examples and how to set appropriated paths.

regard to c -   " I have found mkl_link_tool in linux installation directory, but it does not work! Why?"  Could you give some details? how do you launch  this tool and what do see as output?

Hello Gennady,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the first section of your reply (Hello, regard to questions a and b -- these are general questions how to work on unix system and you may find the answers everywhere. For example, you may have a look at the mkl's examples and see how we build mkl examples and how to set appropriated paths.), I have used what I have found in the internet, but it is not working. So, I would be thankful if you could introduce me an example for cluster_sparse_solver linking (by that I mean adding path, libraries and compilation terms). I have also seen the example of IFORT for cluster_sparse_solver in the installation directory. In those examples (I think) make files are used, but I am looking for command line compilation.

Regarding the second section, I have used mkl_link_tool in WINDOWS OS as follows:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\tools> mkl_link_tool

This will lead to introducing mkl_link_tool

Also

• C:\.......\mkl\tools> mkl_link_tool  mpiifort E:\FORTRAN\F0_Flow_Field\parallel00.f90

This will produce commands for defining the path, setting the libraries and compiling terms and switches.

Intel(R) Math Kernel Library (Intel(R) MKL) Link Tool v4.3

==========================================================

Output

======

Set lib=C:\Program Files(x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\lib\intel64;%lib%; && mpiifort  -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\include" "E:\FORTRAN\Programmes\Three_DIM\F0_Flow_Field\parallel00.f90"  mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_core_dll.lib libiomp5md.lib

"Files" kann syntaktisch an dieser Stelle nicht verarbeitet werden.

NOTE: You may use the following environment setting to run the executable if your environment has not been updated yet: set path=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\..\redist\intel64\mkl;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\..\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\mkl\..\redist\intel64\tbb\vc_mt;%path%;

And, I was expecting such a result in my Linux computer. In my Linux computer I typed:

….tools>./ mkl_link_tool   mpiifort home/…/parallel00.f90   : I saw just an error message

….tools> / mkl_link_tool   mpiifort home/…/parallel00.f90   : I saw just an error message

….tools>   mkl_link_tool   mpiifort home/…/parallel00.f90   : I saw just an error message

I think this command can help me in Linux OS, as it helped me in WINDOWS OS, if I can use it properly.

Best regards

Mehdi

try to enter /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.x.xxx/linux/mkl/tools and run ./mkl_link_tool in that directory.

Alternatively, run /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.x.xxx/linux/mkl/tools/mkl_link_tool from any directory.

Hello Jing,

I used ./mkl_link_tool in its directory, but unfortunately I see the following message:

[mehdi@frontend mkl]$ cd tools
[mehdi@frontend tools]$ ls
builder  mkl_link_tool
[mehdi@frontend tools]$ ./mkl_link_tool
-bash: ./mkl_link_tool: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
[mehdi@frontend tools]$

Also /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.x.xxx/linux/mkl/tools/mkl_link_tool does not work.

Best regards

Mehdi

Quote:

Jing X. (Intel) wrote:

try to enter /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.x.xxx/linux/mkl/tools and run ./mkl_link_tool in that directory.

Alternatively, run /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.x.xxx/linux/mkl/tools/mkl_link_tool from any directory.

This error msg indicates that bit of your OS and bit of your binary does NOT match.

64-bit OS does NOT support running of 32-bit binary by default. Please Google how to enable 32-bit binary support on your 64-bit Linux distribution.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today