Be Supported? Intel Xeon Sandy Bridge-E CPU

Be Supported? Intel Xeon Sandy Bridge-E CPU

Hi, All.

I heard that Intel Xeon Sandy Bridge-E CPUused on a server was released.

So, I wonder that Intel Media SDK supportsthis new CPU.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,and sorry for the delayed answer.

Many of the Xeon Sandy Bridge CPUs does support HW acceleration of video encode and decode via Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV). You can find the details on which of the available Xeon processors does support QSV via the following links: and this link you can compare the spec of available Xeon Sandy Bridge products, look for QSV)

However, I still need confirmation from our graphics driver team if QSV and Media SDK is exposed via the Windows graphics driver.

I'll update this space again as soon as I hear back.

Hi Petter,

I heard that QSV you mentioned is a wraper of Intel Media SDK.
Is it right?
If so, I want to know moredetails (any links, any files and etc.)about QSV.
I tried to find that, but didn'tget useful information.

Anddo all the Xeon CPUs have its own graphic device support HW acceleration?

Hi kmjlove130,

Quick Sync Video (QSV) is a marketing term for the video acceleration technology built into the 2nd generation Intel Core processors. More infor below

Intel Media SDK exposes the features of QSV via the Media SDK API enabling developers to innovate and create applications using Intel platform HW acceleration.

Please refer to the link provided in my earlier post for a complete list of Xeon processors and details regarding which of these products have QSV. Not all of them do. The web page provides a way for you to compare the specs of all the Xeon processors. Look for "Intel Quick Sync Video".

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today