Add the recevied data to existing recieve buffer by using MPI

Add the recevied data to existing recieve buffer by using MPI

Hi
I am trying to execute a code on 2 proess (for begining) to calculate forces . i want to exchange these data such a way that when one process sends the data, it has to be added to the present value at the recieve buffer. I am not able to do it using the MPI communication commands.....is there a way to achieve this result?
For eg : at a Point A in process 1 i have force 10N and i need to send the force to the other and add this 10N to the already present value of say 5N in recieve buffer...
MPI_Reduce does it one process, but i want both of the process to do the same operation when they recive the forces from other.
any information in this diretion will be very helpful.

PS: if this is not the forum to discuss generic questions, please let me know where i need to post this.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Sunny,

I'll move this to our Threading on Intel Parallel Architectures forum, since it's about parallel computing. Thanks for your question.

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

Edit: I think Clay answered your question at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=76958&o=d&s=lr. But let me know if you still need assistance.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today