We are excited to announce the next release of the Intel® OpenMP* Runtime Library at openmprtl.org. This release aligns with Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Composer Edition.
- OpenMP* 4.5 nonmonotonic modifier for schedule dynamic and guided support
- Hang when tasks with nested parallelism are used fixed
- task depend for single thread improved
- KMP_PLACE_THREADS environment variable renamed into KMP_HW_SUBSET with similar functionality
- KMP_HW_SUBSET for disabled hyper-threading fixed
- KMP_HW_SUBSET for KMP_AFFINITY=none is supported
- Performance of single construct improved on Intel(R) Xeon Phi.
- TAS lock backoff code improved for non-x86 architectures
- Paul Osmialowski (ARM) improved futex lock implementation.
- Hal Finkel (ANL) fixed the build on non-x86 architectures.
- Jonas Hahnfeld (RWTH) improved reporting for OMPT events and parallel/task ids.
- Joachim Protze (RWTH) added OMPT frame information report for taskwait.
- Harald Servat (BSC) added support for OMPT task dependences events.
- Tim Cramer (RWTH) added support for OMPT lock events.