Compilation fails with "#10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license"

Compilation fails with "#10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license"

Hi,

I just downloaded the Intel Parallel Composer Beta and installed it with VS2005 integration. I converted my C++ project and it fails to build with the following error (once occurrence per project in my solution):

error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I followed the default installation setting and believe all went well, but it seems I missed something.

Thanks in advance.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi
You shouldn't encounter this issue unless there was an issue with the license file. I took a quick lookat your license file in the Intel Registration Center and am in the process of verifying that with the license folks. Will get back to you as soon as I've an update. Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

-regards,

Kittur

Hi,

Many thanks for your prompt response and for looking into my question.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Quoting - fabien.modoux@credit-suisse.com

Hi,

Many thanks for your prompt response and for looking into my question.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Pleasure. I'll update you as soon as I've more info. Stay tuned...

-regards.

Best Reply

Hi,

For some further investigation from our license folks, could you please do the following:

1. Where does the license sit on your system? What is the value of INTEL_LICENSE_FILE when you run?

2. It could be that that particular environment variable may not be set when you compile? Why don't you

just reboot the system and run again and see if VS can see the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE setting

3. Also, make sure the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE is set and has the path to the license file for the product where it sits on the machine.

4. Also, if the above still has same problem, then could you please set INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=1, run and pipe the run's output to a file and attach to this issue so we can investigate further.

5. Please also confirm my assumption that you downloaded Composer package as part of the Parallel Studio beta, correct? thanks much

Appreciate your patiencethrough this and for the input requested above, thanks.

-regards,

Kittur

Hi,

A reboot did the trick. I had not realized that VS would not pick up changes in environment variables without a reboot.

Maybe the installer should suggest to reboot?

Thank you again for your help.

Thanks, nice to know it worked fine now. Again, appreciate your patience through this, and yes, I'll pass that on to the installation folks about reboot your suggestion.

-regards,

Kittur

Hi,

Just want to let you know that based upon your issue I've filed a feature request to enhance Composer front end to avoid the user do a reboot and automatically detect default paths where the license could be found. Thanks again, for your feedback and patience through this issue.

-regards,

Kittur

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today