Quick Tips for a Successful Start with the Intel(R) Parallel Studio Beta

Quick Tips for a Successful Start with the Intel(R) Parallel Studio Beta

Here are some tips for getting off to a good start with the Intel Parallel Studio beta software:

After installing, launch Microsoft Visual Studio*
Parallel Composer is located in the Project menu
Parallel Amplifier and Inspector are in the Tools menu
You can get to the Getting Started Guides by going to the Windows Start menu. E.g.:
Start -> All Programs -> Intel Parallel Studio -> Parallel Amplifier -> Getting Started
There is a long delay the first time you open help after installing Parallel Studio while the help is being compiled. It is faster subsequent times. Weve seen about a 7 min. delay the first time. Plan on a cup of coffee or lunch.
For more details, please visit the knowledge database

Use this thread to pass on any other tips you think would help other beta users!

Regards,
MrAnderson
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the help compilation. On an AMD 3200+ with 1GB RAM, it took 10 minutes. Yeah, I know I need to get some decent hardware, but I have 2 kids in college and just got laid off. :( At least I have time to try new tools. :)

Anyway, I just found out that Amplifier won't work because it can't detect the clock frequency on an AMD, or at least not my old one. Back to CodeAnalyst, I guess.

Quoting - dr_eck

Thanks for the "heads up" on the help compilation. On an AMD 3200+ with 1GB RAM, it took 10 minutes. Yeah, I know I need to get some decent hardware, but I have 2 kids in college and just got laid off. :( At least I have time to try new tools. :)

Anyway, I just found out that Amplifier won't work because it can't detect the clock frequency on an AMD, or at least not my old one. Back to CodeAnalyst, I guess.

Hi Dr. Eck!

We're not aware of any dependency on being able to detect the clock frequency of the processor, so I'm wondering if you could be more specific? Are you actually experiencing a failure or just deducing that there will be a failure? If an actual failure, can you please tell us what the failure is?

Regards,
MrAnderson

Ok, this is supposed to be resolved in the latest beta update. Please download and install Intel Parallel Studio Beta Update 2 and see if it works!

Thanks!

Regards,
MrAnderson

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today