The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

Hi

I just downloaded Intel Parallel Studio update 2 today, and when I tried to install it, I got a message:

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

Does anyone have this same problem?

I'm installing from an Admin account on WinXP x64 machine.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

Check this path in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsInstaller

If there is a value DisableMSI, and set to not 0, then it is disabled. Trysetting it to0.

If not, there maybe other policies that prevent the installation. For example, some programs that previously installed on your system might have changed the policy. See the MSFT KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322963

-Vladimir

I have the same problem.
I also have Windows XP x64.
and VS2008 SP1.

The registry is not the problem here. I can also install other SW and msi's.

Any news?

In addition to what Vladimir suggested, you may need to also locate the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerProducts key, browse through values and find Parallel Studio. Once you find it, delete the key relating to Parallel Studio and re-attempt the install.

Also, if UAC has been turned on, you may run into issues if you are not in the local Administrators group. You might need to have your sys admin add you to the local Administrators group so that you can install applications. You can also right click on the exe and select "Run as administrator", if you have the Administrator password.

Please let us know if any of this helps. Otherwise, we will need you to submit an issue to Intel Premier Support (free, technical support) so that we can investigate by gather further data from you, securely and privately.

BTW, when is this message displayed? That is, at what point in the install? Is it during the Composer install? Or, the Amplifier install? Is it after entering your serial number? Thanks!

Regards,
MrAnderson

- I searched through th eregistry, there is no key for parallel studio. However, tere are keys for the individual components (amplifier, etc.)
- I uninstalled everything, checked that no install keys were there. I tried installing fresh, same error.

The error appears immediately after unpacking/preparing to install stage, before anything else is displayed.

Robin

And what about the UAC? Did you try "Run as Administrator?"

Thanks

Regards,
MrAnderson

I have the same problem with Windows XP x64 & VS2008 SP1. Any help is appreciated...

PS. Note that XP x64 does not have UAC.

Would you please try the workaround described on the Microsoft support site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925336 for Windows XP?

Although the error message is different, seems it fixes the same problem.

-Vladimir

Quoting - Vladimir Tsymbal (Intel)

Would you please try the workaround described on the Microsoft support site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925336 for Windows XP?

Although the error message is different, seems it fixes the same problem.

Vladimir is right.

It's a bug in Windows x64 (at least for my case).

I just had to follow Vladimir's link and downloaded this executable:

WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB925336-x64-ENU.exe

restarted the computer, and voila, I can install Parallel Studio now!

Thanks Vladimir!

Quoting - shachris23

Vladimir is right.

It's a bug in Windows x64 (at least for my case).

I just had to follow Vladimir's link and downloaded this executable:

WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB925336-x64-ENU.exe

restarted the computer, and voila, I can install Parallel Studio now!

Thanks Vladimir!

Glad to know it helped. Thanks for letting us know.

-Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today