parallel_studio_beta_update2_setup.exe installation problem

parallel_studio_beta_update2_setup.exe installation problem

Hi

I'm getting an error trying to install beta_update2.

"Error occurred during uninstallation of Intel Parallel Studio. Installation will end because of error during uninstallation of previous version of Intel Parallel Studio."

I did have the previous beta version installed, but I had removed. I also searched the registry and couldn't find any stray registry settings which needed to be removed.

Anyone have ideas ?

Thanks
Peter

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Peter,

Could you please attach the log files from %TEMP% folder. The files will have the .log extension and will have the "pset" embedded in the file name. I'll then pass on the files to our install team for further investigation, appreciate much.

-regards,
Kittur

Quoting - Kittur Ganesh (Intel)
Hi Peter,

Could you please attach the log files from %TEMP% folder. The files will have the .log extension and will have the "pset" embedded in the file name. I'll then pass on the files to our install team for further investigation, appreciate much.

-regards,
Kittur

Hi Kittur

I can't seem to attach the log files. Is there an email address I can send them to ?

Best Regads
Peter

Hi Peter,
attaching files should be possible - can you please follow the steps outlined in http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showannouncement.php?a=78(or more elaborately in http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62285) and let me know if there is a technical problem with it.
Thanks, Thomas

Thanks Thomas for the outline link.

Hi Peter,

You should be able to attach the files following the link that Thomas has indicated. I'll await your attachment of the log files. Please let me know if you still have problems, thanks.

-regards,

Kittur

Quoting - Kittur Ganesh (Intel)

Thanks Thomas for the outline link.

Hi Peter,

You should be able to attach the files following the link that Thomas has indicated. I'll await your attachment of the log files. Please let me know if you still have problems, thanks.

-regards,

Kittur

Hi Kittur

Please find attached the installation log files

Thanks

Hi Peter,
Pardon me, but I don't see any attachments. Could you please make sure you see the attached files under your post after you've attached? I've attached a dummy file - so you should see that attachment under this post of mine. Let me know otherwise. I'll await your log file attachments then? Thanks much
-Kittur

Note (8/19): No reply from Peter (private email sent informing of the product release itself on May 26th and
download/installation should go through successfully)

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadtext/plain dummy_test.txt15 bytes

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today