Amplifier results crash when 'running data transformations'

Amplifier results crash when 'running data transformations'

I seem to have discovered a repeatable problem (at least with my program). After profiling my application, Visual Studio crashes when "Finalizing results". It always gets stuck on 'Running data transformations'. On the two occasions an internal error was generated, a dialog asked if I wanted to report it, but the reporting program crashed too (twice).

I'm a bit dissapointed that I have signed up to the beta program, find a bug, and I can't submit the crash/bug results.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - peterwilson_69@hotmail.com

I seem to have discovered a repeatable problem (at least with my program). After profiling my application, Visual Studio crashes when "Finalizing results". It always gets stuck on 'Running data transformations'. On the two occasions an internal error was generated, a dialog asked if I wanted to report it, but the reporting program crashed too (twice).

I'm a bit dissapointed that I have signed up to the beta program, find a bug, and I can't submit the crash/bug results.

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that our reporting mechanism is failing to collect the information to report back.

I assume you are trying one of the methods in Parallel Amplifier? Does the problem happen in all analysis methods (Hotspot, Concurrency Locks&Waits)?

Is it possible for you to share the result directory with us so that we can analyze the result directory to find out what is causing the crash during the finalization?

The results' directories are usually located where your solution file is e.g: My Amplifier Resultsr000cc. The results directories are names as rxxxhs-cc-lw; hs for hotspot, cc for concurrency and lw for locks&wait analysis.You can zip one of the result directory causing the problem and share it with us.

If you share the output of the following that would help us to understand the system you are using:
>ampl-feedback.exe -report-system-info

Also please let us know the version (Parallel Amplifier, Visual Studio, etc) you are using.

Thanks
Levent

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today