"warning LNK4020" after upgrade to "Composer 2011 beta Update 2 (package 031)"

"warning LNK4020" after upgrade to "Composer 2011 beta Update 2 (package 031)"

I have a big project, that successfully compiles with Composer 2011 beta Update 1. After installing "update 2" new warnings appeared.For example:1>stdafx.obj : warning LNK4020: a type record in '***\\vc100.pdb' is corrupted; some symbols and types may not be accessible from the debuggerand the same for every compilation unit in project (where *** means full path)Now, I can't debug my project at all.I can't reproduce error in a small project, everything works good.

В действительности всё не так, как на самом деле...
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Have you rebuilt everything afteryou installed update 2? You may need to clean everything and rebuild it with update 2.
Thanks.
-Yang

Yes, problem exists on every build and rebuild. The same problem is with compilation of QtNetwork module of Qt 4.

В действительности всё не так, как на самом деле...

I got the same problem after building a large project with IPS 2011 Beta (with Composer Update 2). 197 files are reported to have that problem. Any updates on this issue?

I had the same problem after upgrading to Update 2 and performing a clean build. The solution was to re-build not only my app but also several of the static libraries it depends on.Only after fresh PDB fileswere available for all of the dependencies the LNK4020 warnings vanished.

Cheers,
JM

It may work as a workaround, but it is highly unpractical. What if one or more libraries could not be rebuilt because there is no access to the source code?

If all I would have to do is rebuild all STATIC libraries, then I think it is already done. The only libraries I did not rebuild are DYNAMIC (which my program uses, and they are 3rd party ones).

I hope the guys at Intel be working on a solution for it.

By the way, did you have to rebuild them because they were built with a previous version of Composer, or were they built with VS? At least, in my case, none of them was built with a previous version of Composer, but with VS 2005.

Thanks,

Pal.

I agree. I did not have to re-build the dynamic ones, though. In my case, all of the staticdependencieshad been built in VS 2008.

Cheers,
JM

Thanks for reporting the issue. It is a bug in compiler. We have reported the bug to the engineering team.
You may find the fix in the next update release.
Thanks.
-Yang

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today