Package Load Failure

Package Load Failure

I've just installed the Parallel Studio 2011 Update 1 and now when I start MSVS 2008 I get a dialog reporting a "Package Load Failure" for the "Intel Parallel Studio Common IDE Package" saying it has failed to load properly.

How do i fix this?

Regards and thanks for any help provided,
Pindor.

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png PackgeLoadfailure.PNG16.58 KB
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'll have a look at this and come back to you soon.
Regards, Hubert.

I'm sorry, I couldn't detect any problem with the Intel Parallel Studio 2011 re. package load failure. Did you execute the command devenv /resetskippkgs as suggested by the error message? Did this help? Does this come up every time you start Visual Studio?
Which are the system configurations (OS 32-/64-bit, version of Visual Studio?).
Hubert.

I've just rerun the command

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenc.exe" /resetskippkgs and again had the pop-up dialg entitled "Package Load Failure".

Selecting "Yes" on the dialog disables loading of this package on subsequent starts of devenv so I only get the message if I use the /resetskippkgs argument.

I'm using WinXP sp3 32-bit, MSVS 2008 Pro, 32-bit.

David.

David,
I don't have a result yet, unfortunately, but investigations are ongoing. It sounds that you initially didn't have the 'Package Load Failure', only after the Parallel Studio 2011 Update 1 installation; is that right? If yes, did you install Update 1 over the existing base installation or did you uninstall the initial release of Parallel Studio 2011prior to the update installation?
Hubert.

Hi,

I have some news which may help.

Serch for this GUID key {4AB824E8-ACF4-4840-94ED-71C46978B24A} with regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Packages\

The 'InprocServer32' value guides you to the path to a IPSCommon.dll

Go to this path and run the following command in the command line:
regsvr32.exe IPSCommon.dll

Then run command:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenc.exe" /setup

Let me know if something doesn't match this guidance.

Hubert.

David,
I'd like to do more investigations if this didn't help. Please let me know.
Hubert.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today