Parallel Programming in Fortran with Parallel Studio XE

Parallel Programming in Fortran with Parallel Studio XE

I have recently purchased the text "Parallel Programming with Intel Parallel Studio XE" by S. Blair-Chappell and A. Stokes. It provides a great deal of useful information for parallel programming in C++, butsays essentially nothing about a corresponding effort with the compiler in Fortran. Can anyone direct me to a text that will provide detailed guidance on parallel Fortran Pramming with the Intel Parallel Studio XE?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting rodmason01@msn.comCan anyone direct me to a text that will provide detailed guidance on parallel Fortran Pramming with the Intel Parallel Studio XE?

Please take a look at a'Useful Links' section on 'Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows' forum:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/

There's a lot of material on Fortran OpenMP parallel programming in the ifort /Documents folder; not much about using Parallel Studio with Fortran. Much of what is written about C++ with Parallel Studio should apply. Addition of Parallel Studio Fortran capability was relatively recent.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today