Static analysis results do not show

Static analysis results do not show

Dear all,

I'm using Microsoft Visual Sutdio 2008 to developp a C++ application and I'm using Intel XE Parallel studio to do memory profiling (with Inspector). I would like to do static analysis ( as explained here : http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013... ). There the documentation says:

Analysis results will open automatically in the Intel® Inspector XE user interface.

But after running Build for Intel Static Analysis, then nothing happens. Console output indicate that compilation run without errors.

Does anyone knows what's happening? What could I investigate more?

Thanks

Alexis

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you try to link with Intel librarian tool xilib.exe?

Do you have any updates?

Thanks for the reply. I finally catched that I had to configure my project for Intel Compiler before being able to access the Static analysis options. This is strange as now when I try to run "Build for Intel Static Analysis", I get a popup to ask me to configure the project compiler to do that...

Next I'm having other problems: one of my project fails for analysis. Compiling with Intel works fine, but when I enable static analysis, this is what show up in the console:

Performing source code analysis... (Intel C++ Environment)
Analysis 10 % complete
Analysis 20 % complete
Analysis 30 % complete
": internal error: backend signals

Analysis 40 % complete
Analysis 50 % complete
xilink: error #10338: Static analysis has failed because of an internal error(code 4).  Analysis results are likely to be incomplete.

I guess I should open a new thread for this, but in case someone read it there... Thanks

I cannot find what is the meaning of error code 4.

Hi,

Following comments put on thread http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/327968, I'm still getting the error while I performed an update to change the compiler version (previously 13.1.3.198 Build 20130607, after update: 14.0.0.103 Build 20130728). I don't know where to look further, and additionally I cannot connect to the Premier Support website (it keeps saying "Not Authorized to Access" while I have valid support and correct activations...)

Alexis

Try to ask that question on Intel compiler forum relevant to programming language used by you.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today