PCXCapture::QueryDevice

PCXCapture::QueryDevice

Hello!

I'm running the face_detection example successfully using the "Integrated Camera" device of my ThinkPad. Now I want to change to another camera device but there are no other devices detected by the PCXDevice interface.

So my question is: What are the criteria to make a capture source listed in the QueryDevice list? What interface is accessed by QueryDevice? For example, if a device is listed in the GrapEdit tool under category "Video Capture Source" or "WDM Streaming Capture Device" and I'm able to instantiate it there, should it be possible to used it with PCSDK too? Or are there any other checks?

Thanks in advance!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have forwarded your question to our development team and we will get back to you once we have an answer. Thanks.

You can use capture_viewer.exe tool to obtain list of all cameras visible to Perceptual Computing SDK. All Microsoft* Media Foundation compatible cameras should be in this list.

In SDK samples (like face_detection) you can switch between available cameras by –sdname command-line option with camera name (or partial name).

Hi Mikhail,

8< You can use capture_viewer.exe tool to obtain list of all cameras ...

If only I could use capture_viewer.exe ........ http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/343106

David

Hi David,
You can use precompiled version of capture_viewer.exe which can be found in bin/Win32 or bin/x64 folders (just add -sdname "My camera name" parameter to command line when starting capture_viewer.exe )
Also i've attached fix for compilation problem in the topic you linked.

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks and other thread updated.

David

Quote:

Mikhail Nikolsky (Intel) wrote:

You can use capture_viewer.exe tool to obtain list of all cameras visible to Perceptual Computing SDK. All Microsoft* Media Foundation compatible cameras should be in this list.

In SDK samples (like face_detection) you can switch between available cameras by –sdname command-line option with camera name (or partial name).

Hi Mikhail,
thanks a lot for the hint!

I'm new to Media Foundation, but it seems at least it wraps all kernel streaming devices.
I don't yet own a Creative camera but want to start just with some dummy data, can I feed also the depth stream with a custom media source?

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today