How to create final Contest Submission from C# gesture_viewer_simple.cs Sample

How to create final Contest Submission from C# gesture_viewer_simple.cs Sample

Hello,

Sorry for this perhaps stupid question, I'm a bit out of my element here as a web and mobile app developer trying to create an installable package for this contest submission and have been banging my head on the wall with this. I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK Beta 3. I've been trying to use the Publish option from the Build menu.

I get this error:

Error 1 Assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\PCSDK\bin\x64\libpxcclr.dll' must be strong signed in order to be marked as a prerequisite.

And then if I mark reference as Copy Local = True in the properties, I can get it to publish but it crashes immediately when run on another machine.

Plainly stated:

What would be the steps to create a valid contest submission package from the C# gesture_viewer_simple.cs Sample is VS2010?

Thanks for your time,

Jason

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I just came across your problem right now - so even though it probably does not matter to you anymore I will try to answer your question:

Just copying the reference (which is the libpxcclr.dll) is not enough, since this is just a CLR wrapper of the native library. Therefore you would need to copy all referenced libraries, i.e. not only those referenced directly by your application, but also those that are then referenced by the references (= indirectly referenced).

The easiest way therefore is to either install the SDK on the other PC as well. In the future those cameras will come with the required runtimes installed right away.

As far as the contest goes: Just assume the SDK is installed or check for this in your installer. The installer could then download and run the PC SDK installer if this requirement is not met.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today