Voice Recognition in Unity - confidence and label

Voice Recognition in Unity - confidence and label

.label always returns -1 and confidence always 0, both when totally accurate and totally garbled/inaccurate

Are these properties broken in Unity pipeline SDK3?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you still have this issue after you enabled your MIC?

Should be fixed in Beta3 release, please check.

I am able to get accurate dictation (even for uncommon words like "tetrahedron"), but label and confidence always return -1 and 0 respectively

label and confidence only make sense for command and control. Are you running in the command and control mode?

it's not clear how to use the different modes from within unity framework

Quote:

Xintian Wu (Intel) wrote:

label and confidence only make sense for command and control. Are you running in the command and control mode?

If you specify the wordlist, the command&control mode will be enabled. But Unity freezes in this mode.

There is a bug in beta3. Please check your pxcupipeline.cs under Plugins. You should see the following two lines. If not, change them to be:

[DllImport("libpxcupipeline", EntryPoint ="PXCUPipeline_SetVoiceCommand")]

private static extern bool SetVoiceCommandC(IntPtr pp, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] Stringcmd);

Quote:

Xintian Wu (Intel) wrote:

There is a bug in beta3. Please check your pxcupipeline.cs under Plugins. You should see the following two lines. If not, change them to be:

[DllImport("libpxcupipeline", EntryPoint ="PXCUPipeline_SetVoiceCommand")]

private static extern bool SetVoiceCommandC(IntPtr pp, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] Stringcmd);

I see the following lines:

[DllImport("libpxcupipeline", EntryPoint = "PXCUPipeline_SetVoiceCommand", CharSet=CharSet.Unicode)]
    private static extern bool SetVoiceCommandC(IntPtr pp, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPTStr)] String cmd);

I have highlighted differences. Should I change it?

UPD: I have changed the LPTStr to LPWStr only. Now it works! Thank you, Xintian, but why Intel didn't explain it before? I had to use the dictation mode for commands recognition in my perc challenge prototype. So app recognizes all possible words, and I had a problems with it %)

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today