The first production release of the Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK is available!!!

The first production release of the Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK is available!!!

We’ve gone GOLD! The first production release of the SDK is available TODAY at http://intel.com/software/perceptual

BUT we’re not stopping now.  Stayed tuned for more features and improvements in the coming months!

If you’re coming to GDC 2013 in San Francisco next week, come see us

Intel® Perceptual Computing Developer Day

Monday, March 25, 10AM – 6PM

Moscone Center, West Hall

You must have a GDC Expo Badge to enter

Spots available on a first-come basis

http://goo.gl/Km9qF

FOLLOW US on Twitter:  @PerceptualSDK

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Do you have a list of bug fixes? What do you mean by Production-ready? Is this SDK 4? 

Are at least some of my bug fixes fixed? :) 

Look into the installed folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\PCSDK on my machine) for the file release_note.rtf

To clarify, the official name of this release is 'Intel(R) Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Release 1".  As you know, previous versions of the SDK were 'Beta' releases.  In addition to addressing as many critical bug fixes, one of the most significant features of this release is that we've changed the EULA (End-User License Agreement) to permit developers to distribute their applications commercially.  The previous Beta release EULAs only permitted developers to use the SDK for their internal evalution and development.  Please note we are not stopping.  We will continue to improve the SDK and have releases on a regular basis.  So, stay tuned and many thanks for your feedback.

Hello David,

I am trying to install the SDK on Windows 8 x86_64 machine but it fails.

The file intel_pc_sdk_websetup_7383.exe is downloaded but when executed, it errors out with a pop-up saying:

"Installation aborted: Failed to download configuration files."

Can you please help me resolve this?

Note: I hace tried using the same setup file in a 32-bit Windows 7 OS, it is working fine.

Regards
Niraj

Hi Niraj,

Please try to install using following workaround:

The web-based installer does not support proxy authentication for all existing methods. If the installer doesn’t work for your proxy settings by default, you can try the Internet Explorer settings by adding the “--system-engine-download” switch (without quotes) to the installer command line, or use the offline installer.

So for your case it will be

intel_pc_sdk_websetup_7383.exe --s-e-d

What are the major features of this SDK?Any specific advantages?

Abhishek Nandy

Hi David,

I want to retrieve the fingers/hands positions with the SDK,I hope you have a solution for that?? thanks

Hi,

I would like to ask about radiusWorld and radiusImage if those attributes
can help me to find out the fingers position and how can I use it in my
project!!!

Quote:

Niraj Mahapatro wrote:

Hello David,

I am trying to install the SDK on Windows 8 x86_64 machine but it fails.

The file intel_pc_sdk_websetup_7383.exe is downloaded but when executed, it errors out with a pop-up saying:

"Installation aborted: Failed to download configuration files."

Can you please help me resolve this?

Note: I hace tried using the same setup file in a 32-bit Windows 7 OS, it is working fine.

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve it ?

It looks you are installing PerC SDK package behind firewall, please install it outside the firewall. Let me know if you still have this problem. Thanks.

Quote:

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

It looks you are installing PerC SDK package behind firewall, please install it outside the firewall. Let me know if you still have this problem. Thanks.

Thank it works.

The Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 R2 has been released. (intel.com/software/perceptual). 

This release contains:

• Samples supporting GUIs for voice_recognition, voice_synthesis, gesture_viewer, face_analysis
  • Tutorial incl source code for demonstrating integration with Havok Vision SDK
  • Significant Documentation updates for C# APIs (to match C++ APIs) based on Developer feedback
  • Support for Java App Development
  • Enable projection support in Framework porting libs
  • Integration of the new Nuance Core 1.1.10, New SK MW CILib
  • Other bug fixes

Enjoy!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today