Does voice recognition support chinese?

Does voice recognition support chinese?

as the title, thanks!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

From my understanding, technically it could if the Nuance Dragon engine has the corresponding language pack installed and the PXCVoice.h has the extended language profile enum for the installed language(s).

However, the Gold SDK only delivers the EN_US language pack for its Nuance dragon engine, while the API offers only one language option for the time being in pxcvoice.h. Here are the references you can find on your system (if you have installed the SDK)

1. Location of the installed language pack: {Program Files}/Nuance/Dragon Assistant/
2. In the pxcvoice.h, one will find this:

enum Language {
LANGUAGE_US_ENGLISH = PXC_UID('e','n','U','S'),
};

So, at least for the time being, it doesn't due to the lack of the necessary language pack. BUT from my experience, one could nonetheless trick the voice-recognization algorithm into understanding any foreign language under the current EN-US language mode.

What you need to do is simply "emulate" the foreign pronunciation by spelling the words as closely as possible to the US English pronunciation standard. This could make the recognition system to understand any foreign language (in your case, Mandarin) to some extent without any problem. Just try it and you'll be amazed!

For example:

For german phrase "Wie geht's" could be defined as "V gates" in the program.
For Mandarin phrase "你好吗" (How are you) could be defined as "Nee How Maaa" in the program
and many many more that one could think of   ;-) 

Intel guys that work on the SDK should have more concrete information on this part for sure. Anyway, hope this helps  ;-)

cheers
SMing 

Quote:

SMing wrote:

So, at least for the time being, it doesn't due to the lack of the necessary language pack. BUT from my experience, one could nonetheless trick the voice-recognization algorithm into understanding any foreign language under the current EN-US language mode.

What you need to do is simply "emulate" the foreign pronunciation by spelling the words as closely as possible to the US English pronunciation standard. This could make the recognition system to understand any foreign language (in your case, Mandarin) to some extent without any problem. Just try it and you'll be amazed!

For example:

For german phrase "Wie geht's" could be defined as "V gates" in the program.
For Mandarin phrase "你好吗" (How are you) could be defined as "Nee How Maaa" in the program
and many many more that one could think of   ;-) 

Intel guys that work on the SDK should have more concrete information on this part for sure. Anyway, hope this helps  ;-)

cheers
SMing 

Yeah, that's what  my plan B is, haven't try that yet, I will try it soon, thanks you very much!

U're most welcome ;-)   Good Luck!

Currently only English configuration supported in voice TTS and synthesis modules, but it could be extended to other languages in future releases or updates.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today